[aida] Web+Ajax in Touch panels?

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Wed Feb 18 23:32:43 CET 2009

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz pravi:
> Imagine a POS system
>
> A pane for the departmens.
> When you choose a department, the products pane is refreshed with the
> products of the selected department (each product with his images).
> When a product is clicked is added to the lines of ticket pane.
>
> When you click on the waiter name, the sale is finished.
>
> Somebody has tried some similar scenary? The performance could be
> good? (a disco needs speed for example).

I think yes. Ajax updates of part of page are really fast.

I'm usually using a similar scenario to build step by step something.
Say you are choosing a hotel. You first select a country, then a city in
that country (ajax updated list just for that country!) then hotel in
that city. When I implemented that with drop down menus and ajax
updates, it was almost instant. The only problem was a delay to the
database, so answers should be cached for speed.