[aida] Issue in WebGrid>setNumbering

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Fri Feb 13 21:52:27 CET 2009

Hi Herbert,

Herbert König pravi:

> when using setNumbering in WebGrid, a link is created above the
> numbering column.
>
> When clicking this the browser shows "500 Internal Server Error" and
> the image shows a MNU.
>
> The reason is in WebGrid>>sortColumnsIfNecessary the (missing) aspect
> for the numbering column is performed.
>
> A simple guard clause prevents this but numbering isn't reversed in
> this case. I would prefer if the click just where ignored.
>
> What's the preferred solution here?

I just implemented your proposal. Numbering column cannot be sorted anymore.

WebGrid>>sortLinkColumn: aWebGridColumn
  | dummyLink |
  "Cannot sort a column which has an addBlock or is numbered"
  aWebGridColumn hasAddBlock
      ifTrue: [^WebText text: aWebGridColumn name].
  aWebGridColumn isNumbered
      ifTrue: [^WebText text: aWebGridColumn name].

Thanks for notifying that!