[aida] Re usable Components in Seaside & Aida

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Sun Feb 1 11:34:25 CET 2009

Hello Sébastien,

Sébastien Audier pravi:

> I didn't post yet to this list, but I'm using AIDA since a while now,
> I just saw that nico mentioned me as his "colleague" :)

Welcome therefore to the public part of Aida community ;)

>> Is it necessary for components to use Ajax, rather than to simply refresh or
>> update the page (I'm still somewhat uneasy about Ajax, and usually prefer to
>> design sites without it if possible)?
>
> Aida components don't support views or actions like WebApplication does.
> If you really want to use components in a fully reusable way, you have
> to extend it, just like Nico
> said we did.
>
> Still, I don't think you really need it, because what we did is really
> application  specific, and for most of the cases, Aida deep Ajax support
> is more than enough to reuse components.

I think a form posting per component and done by Ajax could be a good
addition to our arsenal. It is also a prerequisite for a tree-like
control with stackable modal windows I talked recently about.

What about introducing of action methods to components too?