[aida] Aida and Magma

Rob Rothwell r.j.rothwell at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 16:20:23 CEST 2008

So there is a working Aida GLASS port as well?  If I could get that working,
I'd take a look at WebTransactionMonitor.  I came back to Magma because my
limitations are in my external data sources.  With a Magma Server, I can
gain the power of Smalltalk "updaters" that crawl through my
PatientEncouner's and update various parts of their model.  With GLASS
(which would be fun to use, don't get me wrong!), I would have to produce
files for it's consumption.
However...I will take a look at WebTransactionManager if I can find it!

The reason I was looking to do this is that all my apps are "the same," just
a bit different--all centered around PatientEncounter's and collecting
manual data that is not available any other way than chart review.

For that reason, I am also thinking of storing the "field description" for
aspects of the PatientEncounter in class methods of the model that will
return the proper Aida WebElement.  Beautiful, really.  Then any app I write
will just need to know that I want to display that aspect, and it will know
how to do it!

Then, even with Magma, I get to share PatientEncounter data across all my
apps and display it correctly with Aida!

Thanks...I have a version of GLASS that runs; I'll look around again for the
Swazoo & Aida port so I can take a look at this WebTransactionManager.

Rob