[aida] Swazoo Client/Server?

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Tue Sep 23 19:38:21 CEST 2008

Hi Rob,

Rob Rothwell wrote:
> We are writing a little utility using Squeak as a processing server on
> the network, and a VB tray application as a client.
>
> Should I jump right into Sockets in Squeak, or is there something that
> can be done at a "higher" level using Swazoo to listen for a message and
> send back a result?

It depends a lot of your app. But if there is not a HTTP protocol
involved, you better go with sockets directly. I propose that you get
used of Sport's SpSocket, to be safely portable in the future.

I attached such a little server I made recently, named LineTCPConnect
and this is kind of Swazoo lite. This is a fileout from VW and should be
easily imported to Squeak. Just Word menu>Open>File list, find .st,
right click and "remove line feeds" then "code-file browser"...