[aida] Comment on the tutorial

Stephen Davies stephen.l.davies at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 21:23:49 CEST 2008

Hi,

2008/9/22 nico <petton.nicolas at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> In AIDA/Web, domain objects have urls. In fact, the idea behing this is
> that each object has its own url. So, we create links between objects,
> never between applications.
>
> So, yes, it's :
> "e addLinkTo: self observee..."

So the tutorial should be corrected.

> > (It does seem wrong to me that the view for adding an address is in the
> AddressBook model, but I leave that to another post).
>
> No! View methods are always in the applications. The model doesn't deal
> with view and action methods.

Sorry - I made a mistake in my comment and so my objection wasn't clear.

The tutorial tells you to create a viewAdd method to the ADemoAddressBookApp
class.  I understand that it is on the "App" class - that's the "View" in my
understanding of MVC.

But the viewAdd method has to know all about the insides of an
"ADemoAddress".  So its in the wrong place.  The code that knows what's
inside an ADemoAddress should ideally be in the ADemoAddress class, not so?
 Or, maybe the ADemoAddressApp.

Actually, the same objection stands for the viewMain method in
ADemoAddressBookApp, which knows the names of the "columns" (instance
variables) of the ADemoAddress.

Am I picking nits?

Steve