[aida] What could we learn from Seaside?

nico petton.nicolas at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 13:39:19 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I would like to talk about what we could learn from Seaside.

The first thing I'm thinking is about sessions. In Aida the session
parameter is everywhere, especially during the rendering phase.

Seaside has a clever way to deal with sessions, and we could do
something similar:

With a subclass of Notification named CurrentWebSession, we could change
AIDASite>>answerTo: like this:

RbCurrentWebSession
		use: aSession
		during: [..."all request answering code here"...]

This way, we could have:

WebElement>>session
	^CurrentWebSession value

And we could improve some parts of Aida/Web, espacially
WebElement>>printHTMLPageOn: aStream for: aRequest on: aSession
and a lot of others.

What do you think?

Cheers!

Nico