[aida] Link to attachment with Unicode name

Masashi UMEZAWA masashi.umezawa at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 16:57:19 CEST 2008

Hi all,

The situation is exactly the same in Japanese. This is a known
behavior and I would like to change it.

Current Attachment implementation maps URL and file name in a pretty
complex way (see Attachment>>setUrl).

The simplest way is to just use URL encoded name for both URL and file
name. But it would create a very long (and not so readable) file name.

Another way is to use URL encoding for URL, and punycode-like encoding
for file. But punycode is originally developed for domain name, and it
is not case-sensitive (it would be a problem in Windows).

Another option is to use URL encoding for URL, and use native
(OS-encoded) file name. Although it is simple, file names would not be
portable between platforms.

Probably we can also use UUID for file name, and name-to-id mappings
can be stored as meta info files.

Any good ideas??? :-)

--
[:masashi | ^umezawa]