[aida] Video of Rob's Smalltalk in Healtcare talk on StS08

Rob Rothwell r.j.rothwell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 21:18:48 CEST 2008

Just to follow up on this, I have started simplifying my model, but am still
Aida-based for any home-grown solutions I come up with...!  I have gone with
SIMPLE and am using a combination of SandstoneDb and the image for my
persistance needs at this time in Squeak.
I am also exploring some ideas with another Smalltalk-based product from
MioSoft (www.miosoft.com), which has a VisualWorks-based product that allows
you to graphically describe your model, connect it to any number of data
sources of multiple types, and through a process of "continuous integration"
add manually entered data through a web interface as desired (to paraphrase
the product--thanks Bert!).
Doug Rogers (VisualWorks) hooked me up with MioSoft, which was only possible
because of Smalltalk Solutions!  And so, like I said, I remain devout in my
belief that the BEST way to work on such problems as I describe facing
Healthcare is with a dynamic language such as Smalltalk!

Hopefully next year I can report on some progress!

Thank you all for your support,

Rob