[aida] Aida CPU usage

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Fri Oct 31 18:51:24 CET 2008

Hi Michael,

Michael Rueger wrote:

> we are running two Aida based server implementations and have observed
> that they seem to constantly use a significant portion of CPU (20-35%).
> Has anybody seen something similar?

Yep, me and Ken Causey just solved similar problem on Aida/Scribo
running the Squeak website. This image eat 30-40% of CPU constantly,
without any obvious reason. After we closed all windows except
Transcript and one Workspace, CPU drops down to few %. Funny, yes, but
true. Can you try the same too?

There a quite old squeakvm 3.8a-1 #1 Sun May  1 19:46:46 EDT 2005 is used.

> Another question somewhat related:
> has anybody done an Apache compatible access logging for Aida/Swazoo?
> Would help us to track and analyze the access statistics (we use awstats
> for that btw).

I have in my plan a Swazoo logger for a while and if someone has a
time... ;) But if you run behind Apache, it is logging Aida requests too?