[aida] A little GUI app to start/stop Scribo, any takers?

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Tue Oct 28 22:16:27 CET 2008

Germán Arduino wrote:
> Well, I asked Janko when he posted this mail about the sort of UI (web
> or desktop) and he tell me that prefer desktop.
>
> Being desktop not a big problem to execute, if you have VNC running on
> such image.
>
> But, I think that Janko and Nico should respond :)

I like to have just a very simple GUI app for a end user to start a web
server and guide them further by providing an url which should open
next. This url will then open a full website, also with configuration
and admin web apps for more advanced configuration.

I like Jimmie's proposal and I thought many times already in that
direction.  We really need some "neutral" website to add new sites, for
instance.

But this is already an advanced feature, let we finish this newcomer
guidance first: a simple GUI app just to start website, where url is
listed to guide user to open next. On the web side we need to finish
newcomer friendly configuration, specially the most common one like
changing hostname/ip/port of the default site.