[aida] GUI-like web apps on Aida

giorgio ferraris giorgio.ferraris at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 00:52:46 CEST 2008

Hi, Janko,

I'm the one called, and I'm happy to try to explain (you know, because
we talked a lot by phone).

What I did using Seaside was an application that was a WEB version of
an existing back end application written in VW and using the VW GUI
framework.
The only particular  thing is that my application had all of the
windows generated at run time, based on meta description of them, so,
what I wanted to do was to generate code for web instead of code for
the VW GUI (and some other minor stuff, like manage multiple processes
and pooling connection to the db, thing I was not doing on the GUI
app).

I tried with AIda, and what I was able to understand  (and this can be
my fault) is that for Aida you have to follow strict rules that were
not the one I was following.

I found easier to adapt to Seaside.

This is the playground I was talking of.
HTH

ciao

Giorgio