[aida] Scaling an Aida/Web site?

Masashi UMEZAWA masashi.umezawa at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 12:26:35 CEST 2008

Hi Nico,

2008/10/17 nico <petton.nicolas at gmail.com>:
> Le vendredi 17 octobre 2008 à 10:04 +0200, Janko Mivšek a écrit :
>> Nico, this is really good reference for Aida scalability and it would be
>> nice if you publish also the code. Is your work part of
>> ScriboPersistence effort?
>>
>> Maybe we can make an AidaMagmaPersistence package to store those   basic
>> Aida data like security settings, users/groups, urls ...
>
> I also think that it would be nice to move the ScriboPersistence package
> to AidaPersistence to store all objects, and just extend the package in
> Scribo.
>

> Masashi, what do you think?

I prefer that AIDA has its own simple persistence support.
ScriboPersistence is basically designed for Document objects, so it
would need some efforts for supporting more generic objects.

I think simple XML format is preferable for storing AIDASite settings,
SecurityManager accounts, etc. XML is portable among platforms and
editable by normal site-administrators.

Probably I can add some SIXX methods to AIDASite, WebUser, etc for
simple persistence. After that, let's reconsider if we can integrate
it with ScriboPersistence.

Cheers,
--
[:masashi | ^umezawa]