[aida] Questions about Scribo wiki versus Scribo site

nico petton.nicolas at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 16:12:08 CEST 2008

Le samedi 11 octobre 2008 à 09:54 -0300, Germán Arduino a écrit :
> Hi:
>
> I'm developing my first customer web site based on Scribo/Aida.
>
> I'm trying to learn from the Squeak site code from Janko (Can you
> remember the address of the repository were were I can check by new
> versions?).

Hi German,

the repository is on http://mc.bioskop.fr/SqueakSite

> I noticed that SqueakSite is based on wiki component

really?
It should probably be based on Site instead...

>  and would know
> what are the main differences or things to take in account to use wiki
> versus the "site" component.

Sites have tabs, are only editable by admins (yes, tabs in Site are now
editable), and the actions line is only visible by admins. Also, by
default site pages don't have the left menu. See for example
http://www.swazoo.org, it's the Site plugin.

> I need that the user can modify by himself its pages (obviously) and a
> tree menu at the lef with at least 3  levels of nesting

I'm working on the left menu to make it editable. Stay tuned :)

Cheers!

Nico
--
Nicolas Petton