[aida] Scribo news

Masashi UMEZAWA masashi.umezawa at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 15:13:27 CEST 2008

Hi Janko,

2008/10/7 Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si>:
> Masashi UMEZAWA wrote:
>
>> I'll show AIDA/Scribo at Open Source Conference 2008 Tokyo/Fall.
>>  http://www.ospn.jp/osc2008-fall/
>
> Masashi, nice to hear that! I'd really like to hear about responses to
> your talk. So, where Scribo is specially interesting for Japan, i8n or
> broadly?

Actually, they were impressed in many aspects. M17N support, easy
set-up, and lightweightness. In Japan, there are still some
Smalltalkers who are hosting old Swiki. So they think Scribo would be
a good alternative.

>> BTW, I'm not sure about document system. Does this support
>> collaborative documentation? How can I access/activate?
>
> If you think collaborative as Google Docs, that that is more that one
> person editing the same document at once - no. This is a matter of
> editor, and this is JAvaScript ...
>
> But document system supports a whole lifecycle of documents: from
> preparing to approving and releasing. And of course the main thing:
> versioning. It is bassed of commercial BiArt which is used for
> management of documentation for "compliance" of different standards like
> ISO9000, ISO27000 info.security, ISO15000 environment protection etc. etc.

This is also nice. AIDA/Scribo has useful built-in features, so users
are easy to develop their apps. I'm thinking to start AIDA
customization sessions for Smalltalk-users.jp meetings.

Cheers,
--
[:masashi | ^umezawa]