[aida] Packaging: squeak-web and one-click Scribo?

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon Oct 6 16:19:53 CEST 2008

Dear all,

As a result of recent comments and questions from David Pennell and
discussion on IRC with Nico we come out with idea to package Aida and
Scribo in two distributions:

1. one-click Scribo image, end-user/power user oriented, after image
startup just a simple GUI app with buttons for start/stop Scribo will be
shown.

2. Damien's squeak-web image with Aida and Scribo loaded, developer
oriented. Scribo will be here loaded as a CMS framework, for building
web apps combined with CMS functionality.

Scribo one-click will start with Scribo default design while Aida dev
image with Aida one. I also hope we will manage to develop enough
configuration that Scribo will actually be a standalone configured,
without a need for Smalltalk knowledge.

This is for Squeak, for other Smalltalks probably the same.

Do you see such way of packaging both projects a good way to go?
Remember, all idea is to come a close as possible to two different
audiences:

- CMS end/power users
- developers

Best regards