[aida] AIDA/Scribo for company site

nico petton.nicolas at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 13:14:12 CEST 2008

On sam, 2008-10-04 at 15:27 -0500, David Pennell wrote:
> Is AIDA/Scribo solid enough that a Smalltalker could reasonably use it
> for a small company site?

Yes, it is solid enough, and several sites already use it
(http://www.swazoo.org, http://www.eranova.si, http://www.squeak.org,
www.aidaweb.si, http://scribo.aidaweb.si, etc).

But even if it's quite stable already, Scribo 1.0 and AIDA 6.0 are under
active development, and new dev versions are not backward compatible. So
you can use it, but be aware of that.

One example of that is that if you start the one click image with AIDA
6.0 beta1 and Scribo 1.0 beta1 and update to latest versions, your
Scribo sites won't work out of the box.

Of course, it's development versions, and when we'll release stable
versions, we'll keep them compatible, or at least we'll write a
migration script.

Cheers!

Nico

--