[aida] New header for default Aida style

David Pennell pennell.david at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 00:47:13 CEST 2008

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si>wrote:

> David Pennell wrote:
> > - I think you should only have one slogan
> > - Both slogans ("AiDing the WeB" or "This is HOW the Web Works!") just
> > make me go ???.  What is the primary message you want to send?
>
> I'm also leaning towards one slogan only, and towards "This is how the
> web works". How this one sounds to you?

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean.  It also sounds pretty passive.
 I'd think about something that emphasizes how AIDA brings value - either
thru empowering web application developers or delivering superior
applications or both.

> > - You should pick one way to spell AIDA and use it consistently.  Is it
> > AIDA, AIDAweb or AIDA/Scribo (all on Nico's site).
>
> Agree, here we have the confusion. There are long names AIDA/Web and
> AIDA/Scribo, to show that those are two products of the same family.
> Also both logos are similar to show that similarity. This is like in
> case of Plone/Zope.
>
> Aida and Scribo are then short names, for everyday talk.
>
> AIDAweb and AIDAscribo are just for logo design.
>
> If we use names that way consistently I think the confusion will be
> smaller if non-existent.
>
> > - I found AIDA by looking for CMS implementations, so I may be biased -
> > but how are you going to promote Scribo?  If its going to be a more or
> > less standard part of all AIDA deployments, should it get a mention in
> > the header?
>
> First, this header is for Aida, not for Scribo. Scribo header is coming
> later and will be different, based on Scribo logo.
>
> Scribo marketing, well, this is still to be thought out. We are not good
> enough in promotion of Aida, so don't mention Scribo yet :)

I assume that this header is only used for 1-click demo images and maybe
some intranet web sites where folks don't care about branding.  External
applications will certainly use their own header.  I wonder if you really
want to have two different 1-click images - one for AIDA and one for Scribo.
 That just might dilute the experience.  Unlike some of the other projects,
both AIDA and Scribo are driven by the same organization, so you have the
option to simplify.

> But when Scribo will succeed as CMS of choice outside Smalltalk
> community, well, then we will probably start promoting it more
> independently of Aida.
>
> But for now the main audience are still Smalltalkers. Yet this not mean
> that we won't need to take care about "power" users immediately. And
> these don't like to program until needed as well. So, web based
> configuration is our first mid-term goal for now.
>
> Janko
>
> PS.: How did you find AIDA by looking CMS implementations?

Probably from James Robertson's blog or the squeak-dev mailing list.