[aida] New header for default Aida style

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Sun Oct 5 00:20:16 CEST 2008

David Pennell wrote:
> - I think you should only have one slogan
> - Both slogans ("AiDing the WeB" or "This is HOW the Web Works!") just
> make me go ???.  What is the primary message you want to send?

I'm also leaning towards one slogan only, and towards "This is how the
web works". How this one sounds to you?

> - You should pick one way to spell AIDA and use it consistently.  Is it
> AIDA, AIDAweb or AIDA/Scribo (all on Nico's site).

Agree, here we have the confusion. There are long names AIDA/Web and
AIDA/Scribo, to show that those are two products of the same family.
Also both logos are similar to show that similarity. This is like in
case of Plone/Zope.

Aida and Scribo are then short names, for everyday talk.

AIDAweb and AIDAscribo are just for logo design.

If we use names that way consistently I think the confusion will be
smaller if non-existent.

> - I found AIDA by looking for CMS implementations, so I may be biased -
> but how are you going to promote Scribo?  If its going to be a more or
> less standard part of all AIDA deployments, should it get a mention in
> the header?

First, this header is for Aida, not for Scribo. Scribo header is coming
later and will be different, based on Scribo logo.

Scribo marketing, well, this is still to be thought out. We are not good
enough in promotion of Aida, so don't mention Scribo yet :)

But when Scribo will succeed as CMS of choice outside Smalltalk
community, well, then we will probably start promoting it more
independently of Aida.

But for now the main audience are still Smalltalkers. Yet this not mean
that we won't need to take care about "power" users immediately. And
these don't like to program until needed as well. So, web based
configuration is our first mid-term goal for now.

Janko

PS.: How did you find AIDA by looking CMS implementations?