[aida] Tutorial Questions

mjolnir64 at gmail.com mjolnir64 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 04:52:12 CET 2008

Hi,

I just finished working through the Address Book tutorial, and I have
a few questions:

1) When you click a surname link in the Address Book, you're taken to
the Address page.  Is it possible to have a "Return to Address Book"
link on that page?  I didn't see an obvious way to do it because the
ADemoAddressApp class has no knowledge of ADemoAddressBookApp.

2) How are images stored?  It looks like some images are stored in
methods as binary data, but DefaultWebStyle>>headerElement seems to be
using a filename ("/img/aidabannergif.gif').  What's the best way to
add a new image?  By the way, I'm using Squeak with Aida 6.0 beta1.

3) Not a question, but a comment: in Step 4 of the tutorial, the class
definitions of ADemoAddressBookApp and ADemoAddressApp are missing
their superclass (WebApplication).  It took me a few minutes to figure
that out; fortunately the previous paragraph mentions it.

Thanks,
  Randy