[aida] Aida on Gemstone

Germán Arduino garduino at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 23:18:58 CET 2008

I'm not clear (yet) were/how fit Aida on GLASS image.

AFAIK Gemstone/S run as usual (as a server service) and Gemstone guys
developed Squeak tools to access/work with to such server.

Then, if I have the Squeak image (GemTools) and if I load on such image a
normal Aida, I will not have nothing related with Gemstone. The same if I
connect from GemTools to Gemstone/S, open the Monticello of Gemstone/S and
load Aida, except that exist an Aida version with some features to work with
Gemstone.

I'm wrong?

Any clarification will be useful to me. (I've all these tools installed and
working, I meant: The GLASS appliance on a VMWare running on an Ubuntu 64
bits, and also the Squeak tools and Squeak image with such Gemstone tools).

Thanks in advance.
Germán.