[aida] Aida Wish List

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Wed Nov 19 20:24:45 CET 2008

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Schmiedl wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 16:30:37 -0200
> "Germán Arduino" <garduino na gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Trivial things as change attributes, align, etc need lot of time and
>> really I would prefer to use such time on things more specfic of the
>> domain and not with these things. And add the fact that the UI isn't
>> that the most of users want to see on final users applications.
>
> What exactly is it that you want to achieve with the GUI?
> I remember folks asking for an easy way to start and stop
> their AIDA server.
>
> I vote for *no* GUI.

I also vote no for GUI tool to build web apps. We need to have a web
tool for building web apps.

About that start/stop GUI console, this is just for newbies to ease them
  first steps into Scribo CMS. Remember, these users usually won't be
Smalltalkers, so we shoud provide them such entry points like a simple
start button in a simple one-click Scribo distribution.

Janko