[aida] Charting project started

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Tue Nov 11 17:50:59 CET 2008

Dear all,

I'm glad to announce a first Aida project which is paid open source and
where Nico as community member is involved.

Namely, for my new project for our gas company Geoplin we need plotting
the charts (more precisely Control charts and histograms) and this is a
nice opportunity for Aida to get a decent charting package as well. So I
made a deal with Nico to develop such charting support. We also agreed
that result will be open source, available to all. That's why we are
inviting all of you to contribute with your comments and suggestions.

This is also the first project of such kind in our community and I
really like to have more of them in the future so that we will develop a
network of Aida professionals to work on the virtual projects like this
one. That way Aida will become for you also something for food, not just
something for fun :)

Let we ask Nico for more details of the project and activities so far...