[aida] Source browser and list question

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Thu Nov 6 19:01:37 CET 2008

Hi Michael,

Michael Rueger wrote:

>> - how do I build a simple scrolling list interface like Yoshiki used for
>> his code browser
>> (http://tinlizzie.org:8080/seaside/examples/authorship2)? Couldn't find
>> any example or even a matching web element in AIDA, but I'm still pretty
>> much a newbie as far as AIDA is concerned...
>
> Some progress :-)
> I'm working somewhat outside of AIDA's supported features with the
> overflow:auto style setting. Although one might argue it is really a CSS
> layout setting, as it only really affects the layout of the page, not
> the functionality.

Well, CSS tricks are not outside Aida supported features, but are
orthogonal to them. I would also go your way. Now what would be really
nice is just to Ajax update other panes on selecting a class in your
pane. You can probably cascade more that one such update:

	classesLine
	  onClickUpdate: methodsElement with: className;
           onClickUpdate: methodElement with: className; ...