[aida] Source browser and list question

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Thu Nov 6 17:52:37 CET 2008

Michael Rueger wrote:

> - how do I build a simple scrolling list interface like Yoshiki used for
> his code browser
> (http://tinlizzie.org:8080/seaside/examples/authorship2)? Couldn't find
> any example or even a matching web element in AIDA, but I'm still pretty
> much a newbie as far as AIDA is concerned...

Some progress :-)
I'm working somewhat outside of AIDA's supported features with the
overflow:auto style setting. Although one might argue it is really a CSS
layout setting, as it only really affects the layout of the page, not
the functionality.

classesElement
	| e list |
	e := WebElement new.
		setDiv;
		style: 'OVERFLOW: auto; WIDTH: 300px; HEIGHT: 200px;';
		yourself.
	list := WebGrid new
		columnAspects: #(nil name);
		columnLinkViews: #(nil main);
		collection: self observee classes;
		yourself.
	e add: list.
	^e

Tips and tricks welcome, but I'll keep you posted about my progress.

Michael