[aida] Properly removing a site

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon Jul 14 18:26:12 CEST 2008

Hi Rob,

Rob Rothwell wrote:

> What is the right way to just "vaporize" a site?!

Try to first stop a whole Swazoo, then do that nightly cleanup so that
there won't be any HTTPRequest anywhere, then maybe you'll be able to
garbage collect it. It seems that we have somewhere in Swazoo object
references, which don't "die" and hold references to the AIDASite. I
also had similar problem and so far didn't manage to solve it.

This problem also arise when you try to serialize a whole AIDASite to
disk (with BOSS in VW for instance). Because of such dangling references
  you don't serialize only desired AIDASite but a whole SwazooServer
with all other sites. This problem is definitely worth looking at...