[aida] Using WebComponent for input objects

Stefan Schmiedl s at xss.de
Sun Jul 6 17:18:51 CEST 2008

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 11:10:43 -0400
"Rob Rothwell" <r.j.rothwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Would you recommend Firefox 3.0 or just stick with the general release for
> now?

AFAIK, FF3 *is* the current general release :-)

It is advertised to be faster and less resource hungry, so it might be
worth a try. OTOH, it probably comes with a few new bugs, too, so
it might pay off to let it mature for a while.

> Any suggestions on learning to use firebug (this lets you "inspect" the
> generated elements, yes?)

This lets you select (with visual feedback) the elements of the html
tree, gives you access (read/write) to the defined and calculated CSS
properties, and is also tremendously useful for stepping through
Javascript code. You *must* have this, if you're developing a
non-trivial web application.

As for learning, I'd recommend the trial-and-error method. There is
documentation on the firebug home page, but I have not read it :-)

s.