[aida] Using WebComponent for input objects

Stefan Schmiedl s at xss.de
Sun Jul 6 16:53:29 CEST 2008

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 10:41:34 -0400
"Rob Rothwell" <r.j.rothwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nico tells me all I need is a good weekend... ;)

nah ... browse through the CSS stuff at w3schools.com, to get an inkling
of what kind of properties there are. They are not as many as they look
like. Next remember some simple rules for selecting elements:

.identifier {} refers to all elements with class="identifier"
#identifier {} refers to the single element with id="identifier"
identifier {} refers to all elements with tag <identifier>

You can enumerate several selectors to assign them the same
rule
	.class , .id , tag { whatever: value; }

You can make finer distinctions by specifying hierarchies

	div.nav a { display: block; }

as blocks, i.e. one atop another.

That's about the 20% of CSS knowledge that get 80% of the work done.

Do yourself a favor and
 * learn to use firebug
 * require your users to run Firefox, Safari or Opera
 * shoo^H^H^H^H ignore them if they have problems with IE6 or older

s.