[aida] Using WebComponent for input objects

Stefan Schmiedl s at xss.de
Sun Jul 6 16:03:09 CEST 2008

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 09:50:21 -0400
"Rob Rothwell" <r.j.rothwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll keep that in mind!  I was actually just trying to throw together an
> example of an input field of some kind in a WebComponent and didn't take the
> time to add a #size parameter...

If you define the size attribute of an input field, the browser is
allowed to refuse input after you entered the specified number of
characters. It's a nice gesture (?) that it's also influencing the size
of the field.

If you only want to provide a certain size, CSS is the tool of choice.

The same is true for the rows and cols specification of textarea, btw.

just making smalltalk,
s.