[aida] Using WebComponent for input objects

Stefan Schmiedl s at xss.de
Sun Jul 6 10:48:04 CEST 2008

Hi Rob,

I can't offer help on your original question right now, but let
me point out something else:

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 03:22:17 -0400
"Rob Rothwell" <r.j.rothwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Then, as an example, try creating
>
> WebInputComponent subclass: #WebTextComponent
> instanceVariableNames: ''
> classVariableNames: ''
> poolDictionaries: ''
> category: 'Aida-Components'
>
> with
>
> WebTextComponent>>#build
> |e|
> e := WebElement new.
> e addInputFieldAspect: self aspect for: self object size: 50.
> self add: e

IIRC, this will render to something like

	<input type="text" size="50">

which I, as a user of your class, would find *very* annoying.
Actually, it would cause me to have to duplicate some of your
efforts.

Why? Because *you* are deciding upon the size of the input
field, when it really should be *me* doing this. And even then,
it should not be done in HTML, but in CSS.

Just making smalltalk,
s.