[aida] internal server error 500

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon Jan 28 14:02:48 CET 2008

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Petermann wrote:

> I have developed a site with multiple views, but switching from one view to another ends very often in an internal server error 500. This problem can mostly solved by simple reload the whole page.
> Any tips for solving this problem?

This is normally a bug somewhere in your application. Open a Transcript
to see if there is a stack report of the error. You'll soon see where is
a problem. If not, put a halt into

	AIDASite reportException: anException.

A debugger should open in case of error and then you are at usual
Smalltalk debugging again :)

Anyway, can someone help me improve exception handling in Squeak? Best
would be just to open a debugger immediately and in paralell report 500
internal server error to browser. But debugger (exception window) should
stay open until you come around. That's how I debug Aida apps on VW.

JAnko