[aida] Stopping/Removing a Site

Rob Rothwell r.j.rothwell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 00:42:26 CET 2008

I have been working with a clean Aida 5.6 install on Squeak 3.9.

I've been trying to start a new site (for example SwazooAida startOn: 8889)
and have been getting the "Site with such host:ip:port combination not
allowed!", so I figured I'd just remove the two existing Sites ("aidademo",
and "swazoodemo") with:

SwazooServer singleton removeSite: (SwazooServer singleton siteNamed:
'swazoodemo').
SwazooServer singleton removeSite: (SwazooServer singleton siteNamed:
'aidademo').

This worked great, but I had previously added an application to the
"aidademo" site with

(AIDASite named: 'aidademo') urlResolver defaultURL: '/myapp.html'
forObject: myobj.

and now even though I have removed the site, I can STILL browse to
http://localhost:8888/myapp.html!

Do I need to "stop" the application as well?  The sites do not show up in
(SwazooServer singleton sites) anymore; how is it working if the server
isn't listening?

Sorry for such basic questions...I will create a "getting started with Aida"
document when I have all these basics figured out!

Thanks...

Rob Rothwell