[aida] Aida logo proposals - second round

Nicholas Moore nicholas.moore at tsr-i.com
Thu Jan 17 14:43:53 CET 2008

Janko Mivšek wrote:
> Dear Nadja and others,
>
> I think that we can conclude that a leaf based design is our favorite,
> with first, second in second row and last one (below Swazoo) as most
> preferred choices. And with a simple font. Nadja, what I would propose
> now is to try to make one logo with leaf and a font, but apply it on
> different ways, like in first and last variant, and second too. And in a
> header of website for instance. So that we will have an universal logo,
> applicable in many ways.
>
> Another thought: shall we add 'web' to AIDA too? AIDAweb or something to
> make more clear distinction from Aida opera and that people will know
> what is about here?

AIDAweb is good and says everything.
> Other possibility is as in last logo: a whole name: Aida/Web, Smalltalk
> web application server, but that is long. Maybe simply "Smalltalk for
> the web" or something? Or maybe a current slogan on Aida's website:
> "This is how the Web works!" ?

I think this is a second topic. The logo is an image which gives the
deep symbolic associations. I like the leaf because it invokes the
beauty and simplicity of nature as well as it's deep complexity. By
linking it with AIDAweb we are picking up on those notions of elegance,
power and fractal nature.

 The 'strapline' ('How the web was meant to work' 'Smalltalk is more
fun' or whatever) extends and expands the image with context, like
PostgresSQL does. Now we have a good idea about the logo it is probably
timely to address the strapline.  What do you think?
> But again, those are already variants, or "applications" of basic logo
> in different situations.
>
> Janko

Nicholas

--