[aida] Class name prefix should be added to Squeak version?

Jimmie Houchin j.squeak at cyberhaus.us
Wed Jan 16 15:47:17 CET 2008

Janko Mivšek wrote:
> Well, I had a bad feeling that a name clash will happen, but not so soon.
>
> Aida has most classes already prefixed with Web (WebSession, WebElement
> etc.) which is just natural for a web framework and you hardly noticed
> that. I usually don't like prefixes like WA and similar, they just don't
> sound well and spoil a natural language feeling of Smalltalk.
>
> In case of Address and other in Party/Role framework, those classes were
> added later when VW already had namespaces and I stoped caring about
> such slashes. But now with proting to other Smalltalks we need to take
> care of them again.
>
> So, I propose to rename just those classes to something nice sounding
> and not far from their intention, as it was in case of Web prefix. And
> the same for Scribo classes too!
>
> Any ideas about how to prefix all those classes?
[snip original post]

I don't have a real solution, but possibly a semi-compromise that almost
qualifies for both goals. ??? :)

I don't know if such would cause problems or solve problems.

But how about simply using A for a prefix which also most of the time
looks or sounds reasonable. A for A(IDA).

AWebSession, AWebElement, AAddress, ...

It can stand as a prefix for AIDA and also read reasonably a fair amount
of time. But I don't if it causes other conflicts or issues.

Just a thought. I have no vested interest in it.

Jimmie