[aida] Squeak stability (was Squeak code .. on the Web)

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Thu Jan 10 15:28:16 CET 2008

Nicolas Petton wrote:

>> Well, I was happy too soon. Squeak crashed during the night
>> (segmentation fault)...

> Well, this is not normal at all! Squeak shouldn't crash like that...
> Look at www.seaside.st, www.lukas-renggli.ch, www.squeaksource.com, or
> mc.bioskop.fr.
> Thoses squeak images are running for months without any pb.
>
> Maybe you could tell us more about your Squeak installation ?
> Did you compile the VM? What image do you use ? etc

I'm using latest Damien's squeak-web image (squeak 3.9), which now
includes Aida too.  Also, a VM is a standard 3.9, downloaded from squeak
website.

Ops, that's not true! squeak -version returns 3.7! Hmmmm! Maybe is this
a squeak from Suse Linux distribution? No, it seems that I actually
didn't upgrade VM so long. I did download but not installed it, eh!

Downloading vm 3.9.8, installing, now version is:

	3.9-8 #5 Tue Oct 10 11:56:09 PDT 2006 gcc 4.0.3
	Squeak3.9alpha of 4 July 2005 [latest update: #7021]

Well, this is surely a first step to improve stability. Ok, let we try
that again, still with VNC attached.

Thanks for the tip Nicolas!

JAnko