[aida] Squeak stability (was Squeak code .. on the Web)

Nicolas Petton petton.nicolas at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 11:23:16 CET 2008

Le jeudi 10 janvier 2008 à 10:30 +0100, Janko Mivšek a écrit :
> Well, I was happy too soon. Squeak crashed during the night
> (segmentation fault)...
Hi,

Well, this is not normal at all! Squeak shouldn't crash like that...
Look at www.seaside.st, www.lukas-renggli.ch, www.squeaksource.com, or
mc.bioskop.fr.
Thoses squeak images are running for months without any pb.

Maybe you could tell us more about your Squeak installation ?
Did you compile the VM? What image do you use ? etc

Nicolas

> Janko
>
> Francois Stephany wrote:
> > Nice to know that it works well!
> > Sorry for the time-consuming non-helpful links :/
> >
> > I havent tried Aida yet but I cant wait to have the time for that :)
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > François
> >
> > Janko Mivšek a écrit :
> >> François, running an image headless, with a remote VNC connection,
> >> really increase stability of the image. So far no crash yet!
> >>
> >> Thanks again
> >> Janko

Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr