[aida] Squeak stability (was Squeak code .. on the Web)

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Sat Jan 5 16:16:32 CET 2008

Hi Nicolas,

nicolas petton wrote:

>>> It looks like a wonderful tool, but the image seems to be down...

>> Well, Squeak image stability is so so ... I actually need to find a way
>> to make it stable to run for months as VW images are able to run.

> My squeak images run for months without any problem... look at
> http://mc.bioskop.fr for example.

> Did you try squeak ./squeak.image -vm-display-none ?
> It works fine for me.

But then I won't have a development environment accessible for
on-the-fly debugging of errors. On my VW images this is actually the
biggest advantage over other frameworks: that I can see and debug errors
in a live image and even not immediately but after a while. On my
collocated server and its image you'll see some exceptions waiting there
for months to be solved. Not to be proud of that but you can see the point.