[aida] Current Aida release for VisualWorks

Stefan Schmiedl s at xss.de
Mon Feb 11 19:28:35 CET 2008

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:29:08 +0100
Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si> wrote:

> Stefan Schmiedl wrote:
>
> > I have also found quite a few unresolved symbols caused by AIDA
> > packages. Some of them are related to undefined Role subclasses, some
> > are referencing classes provided by Gemstone or Versant (I guess), a
> > few examples reference a class Progress, which I can't find either.
>
> What is the trick to find those unresolved reference in one place in VW?

Launcher: Browser > Inspect > Undeclared (x)  where x is the number of
undeclared symbols, which is basically an Inspector the Namespace
"Undeclared", which you can visit with the RB as well.

In every case, check the references for the symbols, the "offending"
package is mentioned in the bottom right of the Reference Viewer's
status bar.

> > Resolving these things would make enough material for warrant a version
> > bump to 5.6.1
>
> Well, finding the time is another varant ;)

There are some "trivial" changes, e.g. an undeclared symbol "Janko"
could be a local, which are easy enough to fix.

Adding the missing Role subclasses is already borderline, as I don't
know what else they should do besides returning true for their
isXxxRole method. It looks like either you deleted too much of your
production system or not enough :-)

And "finding the time" is definitely the hardest part of it all!
More thanks to you for keeping publishing updates to AIDA.

s.