[aida] Scribo and persistency

Nicolas Petton petton.nicolas at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 19:29:33 CET 2008

Hi,

I think Scribo should have various persistency solutions. The first one
is of course the image, but what if someone wants to use GLORP, Magma,
some serialization, etc?

I took a look at Pier (hmm...) and it has a nice solution: an asbtract
class PRPierPersistency with subclasses, like ImagePersistency,
MagmaPersistency, etc

We could use something similar, and save the repository this way:

Repository>>persistency
        self otherAt: #persistency ifEmpty: [self otherAt: #persistency
put: ScriboImagePersistency newOn: self]

Repository>>setPersistency: aPersistencyClass
        self otherAt: #persistency (put: aPersistencyClass newOn: self)

Repository>>save
        self persistency saveRepository

Repository>>restore
        self persistency restoreRepository