[aida] How to configure an Aida site behind Apache?

Nicholas Moore nicholas.moore at tsr-i.com
Sun Feb 10 13:10:15 CET 2008

Nicolas,
I also have some sites sitting behind Apache2, but do not have the same
problem. I use VW with the following vhosts entry. I do not know if the
issue lies in the vhost configuration or in the difference between
Squeak and VW.

<VirtualHost *:80>
 DocumentRoot /srv/www/
 ServerName www.chateauvillettes.org
    ProxyRequests Off
    ProxyPreserveHost Off
    ProxyPass / http://clv.local:8001/
    ProxyHTMLURLMap http://clv.local:8001/ /
    <Location />
       ProxyPassReverse /
       ProxyHTMLURLMap / /
       RequestHeader unset Accept-Encoding
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

Hope this helps,
Nicholas

Nicolas Petton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a Swazoo server running 3 aida sites. I need to use Apache,
> because obviously Swazoo doesn't have Reserve Proxy feature yet.
>
> So, I have an Apache 2 server, with a vhost configured to redirect
> localhost:8000, where one of my aida sites runs:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>         ServerName nico.bioskop.fr
>         RewriteEngine on
>         ProxyRequests off
>         ProxyPreserveHost off
>         DocumentRoot /var/www/
>         ProxyPass / http://localhost:8000/
>         ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8000
> </VirtualHost>
>

> It works, but it looks like Swazoo doesn't close connections. So, after
> a while, I have thousands of Socket>>waitDataIfClosed running.
>
> If a run my site directly with Swazoo, without Apache, there is no
> problem, when I close the browser, the connexion is immediately closed.
>
> Does anyone have a clue ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nicolas

*Nicholas J Moore