[aida] Swazoo as reverse proxy?

Stefan Schmiedl s at xss.de
Fri Feb 8 16:00:54 CET 2008

On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 14:20:01 +0100
Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si> wrote:

> Reverse proxying will also allow load balancing of many images behind
> the Swazoo, or run many different sites, each on its own image, etc.

I know that we're on the AIDA list right now, but reverse proxying
for e.g. Seaside would require "sticky sessions", i.e. requests for
the same sessions need to be forwarded to the same host.

Hm. I think it's probably the same with AIDA, unless you have other
means of exchanging state between independent images.

> So, what do you think? Is it a good idea, do you see any obstacles?

Out of curiosity, how would you run a Swazoo-based reverse proxy
on a multi-core machine? As a "proxy-only" image assigned to a single
core? And then a few application images for each other core?

s.