[aida] Comet with Aida/Web (was How to force an Application to refresh its view)

Rob Rothwell r.j.rothwell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 00:26:47 CET 2008

Janko,

Where do you find the time to give me such detailed answers?!  And what
timezone are you in???!

Well, this one is actually most advanced topic of web application
> building in general and it is called Comet.

Well...at least there is a reason a novice like myself couldn't figure it
out!

Wow.  Well...being the novice that I am, I will have to play with this a bit
before I can respond!

Thank you very much!  I'll give this a shot and let you know how it goes.
All I wanted to write was a simple departmental "chat room" because 7 of us
have been in one room for 3 years and I have recently had to move to a
different floor to accommodate another person.  We bounce ideas off each
other all the time, and I thought it would be a good little learning
project.  I was right!

Anyway...I think once this works I just have to "make it pretty," and then
try to document my learning so others may benefit!

Thanks again,

Rob