[aida] Aida application instance data

Rob Rothwell r.j.rothwell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 16:18:46 CET 2008

Can anyone help me understand where to store data specific to that instance
of the application?  For example, if I use the in-place editor [ajax] demo
on one computer and then I open the same page from another computer, I see
what you typed on the first computer.  If I type something new and refresh
the page on the first computer, I get the same result.  What I WANT to see
is "private" data for that page.

When I experiment with the session object, I find the same results...a
session seems to be shared across all instances of the application.

Maybe what I don't really understand is:

(AIDASite named: 'aidaOn8888') urlResolver defaultURL: '/mypage.html'
forObject: myobj.

I am assuming there is only ever one instance of myobj created (not multiple
objects for each request), so where can I create/store a NEW object, and is
there a method called in my application when a new instance is requested so
that I can initialize that object?

Does this make sense?  I think I don't understand something basic, because
it seems that every "page" (from either multiple browsers or multiple
computers) should have it's own object space.

Thanks,

Rob Rothwell