[aida] Two important Aida commercial events this week

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon Dec 22 23:31:03 CET 2008

Hi Esteban,

Esteban A. Maringolo wrote:

>> 1. Delivery of the gas pipeline measure tracking project to our national
>> gas company, where Aida community was involved on a commercial project
>> for a first time...

> Congratulations about this.
> I'm in the O&G business too, and I know how hard is to sell software
> to this industry.

Nice to hear that! So we can exchange some experiences or even tools ...

> I'm developing a test project based on AIDA, if this works out,
> AIDA/web will be part of the technological infraestructure, so I'll
> need to make it better if I plan to raise the bar.

Very interesting plan from my viewpoint of course :) Can you tell as a
bit more about?

> I don't believe in 100% supported open source projects, people need to
> eat, raise children and buy stuff. Having a commercial project behind
> can leverage the personal time dedicated to support a framework like
> AIDA.

Yes, you need to provide an added value to the customer, so that he is
willing to pay you and from that money you can then finance the open
source project on top of which you are adding value. That way you nicely
close the loop.

And you can work on a project from your heart while on the other side
enjoying the look at satisfied customers. I must say that this together
with the open source community I belong, all this is the joy of my life!