[aida] Two important Aida commercial events this week

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 00:21:47 CET 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 17:58, Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek en eranova.si> wrote:
> Dear all,

> 1. Delivery of the gas pipeline measure tracking project to our national
> gas company, where Aida community was involved on a commercial project
> for a first time: Nico namely prepared the AidaCharts package for
> drawing charts of pipeline measures performance. And of course, even as
> a result of paid project AidaCharts are now open sourced and available
> to the community.

Congratulations about this.
I'm in the O&G business too, and I know how hard is to sell software
to this industry.

> 2.Signing a long-term partnership contract with a local company Comland
> to provide marketing, sales and support for BiArt/ISO product.

Congratulations again.

> My role in this consortium is to provide continuing development of the
> product and here I really count for the help on you from the community.
>  That way we can built a really strong network of Aida professionals,
> who will be able to build the most demanding Aida based web products!

I'm developing a test project based on AIDA, if this works out,
AIDA/web will be part of the technological infraestructure, so I'll
need to make it better if I plan to raise the bar.

I don't believe in 100% supported open source projects, people need to
eat, raise children and buy stuff. Having a commercial project behind
can leverage the personal time dedicated to support a framework like
AIDA.

Congratulations again.

Best regards,

--