[aida] Caching in Aida

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Wed Dec 10 12:38:42 CET 2008

Hello Janko,

JM>   > 5 times faster is an impressive achievement.
JM> Consider how impressive can be if you generate a page from some database
JM> instead. 50 times faster at least, I'd guess. Also, for very frequent

I think that depends. If objects are in memory and and the few changed
objects can notify the few views via dependency to invalidate the
cache, the overall gain is big.

If you have e.g. a mysql backend you would have to go there and look
for changes that invalidate your cache which might eat up your gain
even if if it turns out the cache stays valid.

But it's great to have caching at hand when you need it, mainly for
static content as you said in your initial mail.

--
Best regards,
 Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net