[aida] Caching in Aida

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon Dec 8 15:50:01 CET 2008

Dear all,

 From yesterday we have the memcache like caching in Aida. That is, the
integrated caching support to serve from cache instead regenerating the
content at each request.

Here is short docs with how-to and some advices of usage:

	http://www.aidaweb.si/caching.html

I did some benchmarking on VW and achieved 170 req/s for 4KB login page,
comparing to 30 of generated one, that is 5x faster!

I'm proud of myself on the way I made this caching: I went to a walk and
my brain just wanted to solve the caching in Aida. So I let him to
solve. After I came back it took me just an hour or two to implement it:)

In the next step Nico will port it to Squeak, then Scribo is a first
candidate to use this caching in practice. Namely we have frequent
Denial of Service attacks on Squeak website in recent days and caching
could help a bit.