[aida] Next thing I don't understand: One added inputFieldAspect works, the second doesn't

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Sat Dec 6 18:21:15 CET 2008

Hello,

extending ADemoAddressApp>>viewMain with:
e cell  addInputFieldAspect: #firstName for: self observee.

gives me an input field in which I can change the first name. Hitting
Enter in that field actually changes the view and going back to the
address book shows the change. Beautiful, I had expected to have to
add some code to make the change happen!

Now I innocently added a second line:
e newCell addInputFieldAspect: #surname for: self observee.

and voila, I can hit the Enter key as much as I like, the changes are
ignored. I tried e cell add.. and e add.. without success.

Surely some magic happens behind the scenes but I don't know the
incantations.

Thanks,

Herbert                          mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net