[aida] Aida tutorial

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Fri Dec 5 22:52:17 CET 2008

Greetings everybody,

this is my first visit here. And I'll appear a bit wordy.

I started AidaWeb (any kind of web programming for that matter) with
the tutorial. I very much liked the idea of view.. and action..
methods and ..App classes and everything seemed easy.

I managed to add the "Back to Address Book" link to the addressApp's
viewMain by linking back:

e addLinkTo: self observee book text: 'Back to Address Book'.

For this I added book to the address so it could reference its book.
I didn't manage to do this via a button.

Next I wanted to add a cancel button to the add a new entry view. I'm
thinking GUI not web here so cancel should go back to the address book
without adding the new address.

I didn't manage this, though I found out about the naming convention
in #addButtonText:action:.

I tried
e cell addButtonText: 'Cancel' action: #actionAddCancel
having an #actionCancel and an #actionAddCancel (just in case)
implemented like:

actionCancel
    self redirectToView: #main.

I think these should be added to the tutorial (I'm willing to, if
shown how to edit it) as well as well as being able to change an
address in the addresses #viewMain (I guess I'll manage).

Also edit in line in the main address book (maybe I'll have to ask but
will try first).

As my own plans will require users to enter many point coordinates I
want to display only 10 or 20 addresses on the main address book
page so the "Add an entry" always stays visible. Most of this is
easily done in the model so I'll manage. As soon as I get several
buttons to work I'll also manage the necessary navigation.

This should less than double the tutorial and my belief is that the
tutorial should end with the address book in a more usable state. It
should definitely not get as lengthy as Stepahn Wessels laser game
tutorial.

To sum it up:
can someone please tell me how to get two buttons on one view working
and should I add a bit more to the tutorial?

--
Cheers,

Herbert                          mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net