[aida] Our website in many languages

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Thu Dec 4 13:24:19 CET 2008

Hello all,

On the eve of renovated website, do you think it is a good idea to have
a website in many languages, not just in English?

As you know we have in Scribo now such multilingual support to have the
same page in many languages and visitor came automatically to the page
in his language. This can be then extended to have a whole website in
many languages.

This of course also implies the active language subcommunity, which must
take care of their pages to be up-to-date to the main English ones. We
will therefore open language pages only if its subcommunity explicitly
commit itself to the maintenance duty. Having dead pages is namely worse
than not having those pages at all.